Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Book Review: Aha!

After Andrew's brief respite participating in Tom Peter's Summit in December, he made many wonderful contacts -namely authors. Every other day, we are bequeathed with another packaged book sent forth by request. I'll phone him at his new Mistress, to announce the box labelled with his name and pleading ask if I might be so lucky to open it and read any notes enclosed by his new friend.

Recently, we've received, Aha! 10 Ways to Free Your Creative Spirit and Find Your Great Ideas by Jordan Ayan.
Aha!
Some have found this personal growth manual to be inspirational and practical, a guidebook for freeing the creative spirit. Well, I'm always looking for a psychometric meter for self-assessment -specially one that measures just how creative I am. I need to be after all, I am your designer.

Bylined by Roger Von Oech, one of my all time favorite creative author of Kick in the Seat of Your Pants was introduced to me back in college. I love the illustrations within and principles to keep your mind moving along the track of discovery.

My thoughts are to journal what I've read, chapter-by-chapter, and go thru the exercises set forth and assess just how I measure up to the gurus who write this stuff. It might be revealing to the both of us.

Stay tuned...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home