Wednesday, February 09, 2005

No Official Openings, No Official Invitations

16 Days of Unadulterated Christo : The Gates
Christo & Jeanne Claude + The Gates

If there is one thing I wish I had right now within the next two weeks, is the time to take my husband on a St. Valentine's Day trip to NYC. Aside from the fact that we enjoy the frenetic energy on a quarterly basis to re-energize our batteries, we're both also huge fans of the artist Christo whose work will be realized for only 16 days in Central Park.

Partial Artist Statement
"...The Gates will be a golden ceiling creating warm shadows. When seen from the buildings surrounding Central Park, The Gates will seem like a golden river appearing and disappearing through the bare branches of the trees and will highlight the shape of the footpaths."

I can only imagine the experience of color, repetition, gestalt, sound of the fabric in mid-air, thwacking against steel posts echoing in my ears... (*sigh*)

I lament...

Creative Mind Asks: What does the gold wind swept fabric composition look like to you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home