Thursday, February 10, 2005

Aha! -Part 1 - Understanding Your Creative CORE

Rekindling Your Creative Power

After a creativity test, results show that the loss of originality is profound. Adults maintain only 2% of originality where as children under the age of 7 conserve at least 20%. I'm ready to hang with those under the age of 5, they've got a shot at keeping 90% of their originality.

All is not lost, Jordan has outlined 10 strategies for rekindling the creative power. My scoreboard shows that I've achieved 5 daily strategies for creative living. I guess five out of ten ain't bad.

I've combined #4, #6, #10 by joining an artistamp group. I've lurked for the past couple of months but decided to jump in and create my first stamp. Okay, call me an overachiever, I had to create a card to on which the stamp is displayed. I didn't have enough time to create a series of stamps, as the theme lended, but one is a good start.

Additional components of this overachiever include:

*Contacting the director of this group to assign a personal AML#, mine happens to be #223.
*Personally create a fictitious 'Issuing Authority' and 'Issuing Country'. I am Countess Phaedrus de la Felidae Isle (Protectorate of Baccharoo) and my issuing authority is the Felidae Noir Poste.
*I will soon have my own authentic mail cancel stamp with my real zip code. Details forthcoming.

Meanwhile, let's revisit Jordan's top 10 strategies. The first: 'Connect with people' Currently, it's a bit difficult since I work alone in my studio.

Creative Mind Asks: Are there any other creatives out there who need to get out and meet over coffee to discuss the creative course? Perhaps take periodic field trips to invigorate the senses? Contact me and we'll talk!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home