Sunday, May 28, 2006

Apple Can Change Your Whole Perspective

We recently ordered our first iPod. I know we're a bit behind the curve here, but we generally stay connected through our PC's and are wired enough in the house, that an iPod seemed redundant. Ok, so we've since discovered the advantages of having one of these tiny wonders, but the real amazing thing for me was the ordering process.

When I ordered the iPod, Apple was running a special with free engraving on any iPod Nano. Sounded great and the price was right so I ordered a 30GB video Nano - at lunch-time on a Friday. I received my order confirmation that afternoon and shipment confirmation and tracking info that evening. To my amazement the device was shipped from Shanghai, China.

Even more amazing, we received it the following Tuesday. This was one of the most dramatic examples of the power of information technology, logistics and customer service I have ever seen. From China to Raleigh, NC in three days, including custom engraving - WOW! If you still don't believe that the earth is getting flatter every day wake up because the globalization of everything is going to leave you in the dust.

Want proof? Just try ordering your own custom engraved iPod and have your perspective altered.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home