Monday, November 14, 2005

Hurray for Honda

We recently decided to bow to the needs of our rather chaotic and creative lives and buy ourselves an SUV, but it couldn't be just any run of the mill family wagoneer with three rows of seats and room for the dog (we don't have kids and I don't think our four cats would appreciate a d-o-g in the house). So with this in mind, what do you get?

Well we needed something that could hold a lot of stuff. We do a lot of home rennovation so it had to be able to hold a 4X8ft sheet of plywood. It also needed to be easy to clean out, relatively maintenance free and comparatively inexpensive. Oh, and a coolness factor that fit our somewhat quirky sense of humor and outlook on life.

After doing some searching what did we get... TA-DA!

A Honda Element, and so far it has turned out to be everything we could have asked for and probably more. Honda sometimes describes the Element as a Dorm room on wheels, but from what I've seen they are selling more of them to fortysomethings that anyone else.

You may see one and think "Geez what an ugly car," but once you own one, they're absolutely gorgeous.

2 Comments:

At 7:20 PM, November 15, 2005, Blogger Jeanne Rhea said...

Congratulations on your new car! I had a Stanza Nissan wagon (sort of an early small mini van--I think--can't remember the year--maybe '86) that everyone told me was an ugly car---but talk about function! It was the best. Could haul all kinds of stuff, 4WD, and I ran it to death. I've seen few like mine, but still wish I had it. What kind of gas mileage do you get?

 
At 7:34 PM, November 18, 2005, Blogger Samantha said...

Yeah, I sort of thought it was ugly but there's a lot to be said for driving something that gets decent gas mileage. My poor little Toyota sportscar is on the fritz right now so I have my choice of two modes of transportation: My thirsty (18 mpg) SUV or my Palomino. Yes, that is a horse. He looks just like Trigger.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home